Shea+Latone is seeking a Testing Technician to assist in the development, coordination and implementation of testing projects, test fixtures, and equipment that will support the design and validation needed for new product development. Additional responsibilities include the measurement, evaluation and documentation of product characteristics with respect to function, reliability, quality, and regulatory requirements. Our laboratory is ISO 17025 accredited and all activities must be performed in compliance with this standard.
* Maintain and calibrate equipment as needed
* Perform test lab activities in accordance with the Quality Management System
* Report system deficiencies or malfunction to the Quality Manager
* Report equipment deficiencies to the Technical Manager
* Create and/or repair testing equipment as needed
* Execute test plans and record findings on test report
* Ensure all work is performed to the highest quality possible
* Report any suspected loss of traceability, possible equipment malfunction, procedural discrepancies and suspected fraud or malpractice
* Maintain proper qualifications
* Document work in hardcopy and/or electronic format
* Sign and date all necessary logs
* Comply with the Shea+Latone Employee Handbook including avoiding involvement in any activities that would diminish confidence in its competence, impartiality, independence in judgment or operational integrity.
Qualifications and Skills
* Minimum of a High School Diploma, B.S. in relevant field preferred
* Minimum of 3 years of related work experience
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Must maintain a clean and safe work environment
* Proficiency at multi-tasking and high attention to detail
* Must be energetic and versatile to keep up with the rapidly changing demands of a small product development consultancy
* Basic knowledge and understanding of LabView preferred
* Previous experience with BIFMA and/or EN office furniture standards is a plus
* Experience with ISO 17025 is a plus
* Must have ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Experience with Microsoft Office Suite preferred
* Experience with pneumatics preferred
* Experience with fabrication preferred
About Shea+Latone, Inc
Shea + Latone is a product design and development firm that works with some of the most prestigious designers and innovative companies in the world. Our focus has traditionally been in contract furniture, but we use that experience and expertise to broaden into other similar industries as well. Shea+Latone provides services encompassing the entire design development process, including industrial design, mechanical engineering, prototyping, testing, manufacturability analysis, and more. We offer any part of the process as needed for some clients, or fully integrate into large companies’ product development teams as partners for completing projects from proposal to production. Our goal is to always keep designs honest and uncompromising while ensuring practical manufacturability.
Located in a small town in the Upper Perkiomen Valley of southeastern Pennsylvania, S+L was built on the foundation of the area’s rich furniture design tradition that began in the 1940’s. The company was created in 1996 to serve the contract furniture industry in the surrounding Philadelphia and New York areas, and quickly grew to developing a broad ranging product portfolio with clients nationwide and abroad. Plus, in our small town the air is a little cleaner, the sun is a little brighter, and we like that!
How to Apply
Send a brief introduction with a resume attached in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shea+Latone is an equal opportunity employer.